Friday 7 August 2015

My Ethereal collection of miniature papercuts


ethereal (adjective): extremely delicate and light in a way that seems not to be of this world.


There seem to be a trend for tiny things.  
How small can you go in papercutting terms?  I had to give it a try ...
I was tempted to see what I could create with a smaller dimension.   I decided not to use maps to cut but use them as a back ground instead.   I thought that cutting a design so small, the details of the maps would become fuzzy.  I used black paper for the small papercuts which I then set floating in front of a map background relating to it's subject.
These little pieces of artwork are cut by hand and measure approximately 7x4cm (2 3/4 x 1.5 inches)   They are framed floating in a white 11x10cm box frame.

I have to admit to using my brilliant day light with a large magnifying glass for some of these!  You will see why ...



Lets have a closer look!

I love the Paris scene with the small couple getting all romantic, as you do! 


Then there is a little bit of London, Brighton, Scotland even India!  Where shall I go next in this mini world?






1 comment: