Wednesday 23 February 2011

Let's Go Bird Watching!

I can share this now! 
My latest commission, it was to be a surprise! a valentine present for lovely Lisa's husband.
It had to have birds, on a map of London, and of course the heart design I use a lot, and the names of all the members of the family. 
A challenge? yes and a fun one!  
I send Lisa off to talk "birds" to her husband to find out his favorites! 
Then my fun begun!  I set out to find Bee Eaters, Hornbills, Kingfishers and Audubon Flamingos and in doing so learnt a great deal from their habitat to the sound they make!  Finally found a map of London and adapted my design to show a few key places meaningful to Lisa and her family.
She loved it! They loved it! I loved that they did! it was revealed on Valentines day and a was great success.
I really enjoy doing commissions, sometimes it is easier to create from someone's wishes than from ideas in my head! 


No comments:

Post a Comment